E-SMOG, I Can’t See It, but I Know It’s There. Should I be Afraid of It?VTechAdmin
We live in a world full of e-smog, the term for ALL artificially produced electrical and magnetic fields as well as electromagnetic radiation. For years, there have been concerns regarding the effects of RF and EMI on the human body. With the proliferation of devices that emit RF/EMI radiation (cell/mobile telephoned, radar stations, cell phone towers, computers, high voltage lines, WiFi LANs, household appliances, electric motors and transformers), there is rising concern about the potential long term effects of exposure are well documented, but less is known about the long-term effects of human exposure to RF/EMI radiation. The short term thermal effects of exposure are well documented, but less is known about the long term effects.
The short term thermal effects are: Electric shocks, burns, blindness, sterility (the eyes and testes are particularly susceptible to radiation). The possible long term, non-thermal effects are: alteration of the body’s natural rhythms, changes in the nature of electrical and chemical signals transferred through the cell membrane, weakening of the immune system, possible carcinogenicity, and the possibility of interfering with implanted medical devices that would respond to RF and EMI such as pacemakers, cochlear implants, and drug infusion pumps, though the RF/EMI shielding used in the manufacture of these items has lessened that risk over the years. Some people are more sensitive to RF and EMI than others, with the effects being more pronounced in them than people who have a higher resistance to it.
V Technical Textiles, Inc. produces the Silverell® Line of personal shielding garments, both outerwear and base layer) that is designed to reduce the exposure of the wearer to RF from cell phones, computers, and all other wireless devices in use today. These are typically garments made with a high silver content fabric, threads, and yarns and can offer up to 99% reduction in RF exposure to the wearer. Garments containing pure silver are also known to provide health benefits including:
- Antimicrobial- Pure silver kills bacteria and fungi on contact.
- Odor Reduction- Silver reduces odor caused by bacteria.
- Blood Circulation- Electrically conductive fabric increases blood circulation, providing extra energy when one feels tired, at the same time making one feel relaxed.
- Soothing and Healing of Skin Irritations- Silver garments help heal minor scrapes, cuts, and burns as well as reduce swelling and itching caused by these skin irritations.
- Thermally Conductive- Silver garments conduct heat uniformly, taking heat from body “hot spots” and balancing the body to one unified temperature, making the body feel warm from head to toe.
Consider this information carefully, though it seems to raise the specter of the spurious “Tin Foil Hats” from the past, modern smart-textile clothing fabricated with metalized textiles and yarns affords us some true science-based protection from the invisible e-smog that surrounds all of us.